Patent Law and Know-How in France
A patent protects an inventor against unauthorized exploitation of its invention, which would be considered infringement.
Filing for a patent secures your R&D and valorizes your investment. You will gain a competitive advantage on your market by gaining exclusivity on your invention.
Our law firm can assist you in any field of patent law and know-how issues, in France and internationally.
Patent Law and Know-How Advice
- Patent portfolio management, strategy and audit,
- Patent inscriptions on the Office registry : patent licensing, patent cession, patent limitation,
- Drafting and negotiating of patent exploitation contracts (cession, sale and purchase, transaction following litigation, valorization, licenses, CIFRE thesis, consortia, cooperation contracts, NDA),
- Employee invention issues.
Patent Law and Know-How litigation
- Cease and desist letter,
- Emergency actions (seizure for infringement, request to ban, information request),
- Action for patent forfeiture, as a claimant or defendant, in first instance (TGI) or appeal (Cour d’Appel),
- Patent infringement action, as a claimant or defendant, in first instance (TGI) or appeal (Cour d’Appel),
- Unfair competition and parasitism action, as a claimant or defendant, in first instance (TGI) or appeal (Cour d’Appel).